Thank you to all those who returned your survey forms last month. Your needs for peace about your safety have guided the work of your Church Council as we have planned for our path forward in the time of Covid-19. We are eager to gather again in our church building for all forms of ministry and hope that will begin with worship in the sanctuary as soon as the current suspension has been lifted. Please stay tuned to the phone tree and your emails for confirmation on a date. If you choose to wait even a bit longer, we completely understand and we will continue to offer our service online each week. Regardless of the date we return, we are grateful to the Trustees and volunteers who have been working to prepare the building to receive you safely. So we may faithfully follow Jesus and His command to love one another, we will all want to follow these guidelines:
· Be prepared to wear a mask while you are on the church property. If you need a mask, we have a supply which has been donated. Please contact the church office if you need one.
· When you arrive at the church, park so you may enter through the central narthex doors.
· We want to maintain a safe distance from each other so please remain in your vehicle until you may move toward the doors with a separation of at least 6 feet. There will be no paper bulletins, refreshments, or gathering in the narthex so plan to move directly into the sanctuary.
· The flow of movement into the sanctuary will be through the center doors and down the center aisle. We have marked the pews so each family group may sit at least 6 feet from the next family group. Half of these seats start at the center aisle and the other half are on alternate pews beginning from the side aisle. If you choose a side aisle seat, continue down the center aisle to the chancel area and start back up the side aisles to your seat. Do not move through the pews to the side aisle seats. At the end of the service, those seated along the side aisles will exit to the narthex directly and those seated along the central aisle will move toward the chancel before moving along the side aisle to the narthex. Please allow those ahead of you to move on first and maintain your 6 foot distances.
· We must be able to provide contact tracing information and the ushers will be taking roll. For accuracy, we may need to update our records and add the information of visitors. Please be ready to share your data with our ushers if asked. Before worship begins, we will also take a picture of the congregation together.
· We are so very grateful for all of you who have maintained your giving while we have been away. We hope you will continue to use direct mail, online giving, direct payment from your bank, or direct payments via the VANCO GivePlus app. If you wish to bring your offering to worship please put it in an envelope from home and add it on the plate to the right just inside the center sanctuary doors. There will be no offering envelopes in the pews so if you need envelopes, please contact the church office in advance.
· We will not be able to offer children’s church so plan for your children to remain with you during the entire service. We may not distribute children’s bulletins either; please contact the church office if you would like a children’s bulletin emailed to your home in advance. Pastor Marilyn has children’s time Saturday mornings at 10 am via zoom. Contact Pastor Marilyn for a zoom invitation so she may include your children in this special time.
· If you need to be excused during the service, please follow the same flow of movement of down the center aisles and up the side aisles. The restrooms on the parlor side of the narthex are available and if you need handicap accessible facilities, please use the ones at the Fellowship Hall.
· The order of worship will be different. We will show the announcements and the full order of worship on the screens. There will be no bulletins nor hymnals or Bibles in the pews. The singing will be offered by soloists or by pre-recorded groups. The liturgy and prayers will be offered only by the liturgist or Pastor Marilyn. We will pass the peace only with gestures from our seats. The offering will be collected in the plate placed by the entrance to the sanctuary. Holy Communion will be as directed with communicants maintaining a 6 foot distance. While worship will be more a sharing of presence rather than through verbal sharing and touch, we still gather to praise God and give thanks for the many blessing God has poured out upon us and look forward to doing so!